15-Minute Table Runner
Note: This pattern looks best with 2 contrasting fabrics. Finished size approx. 15" x 40".
- 1/2 yard cotton fabric for the back (A)
- 1/3 yard cotton fabric for the front (B)
- 1 spool coordinating all-purpose sewing thread
- Optional: 2 buttons or ribbon to close the points; tassels for each end.
- Unfold the fabric and iron out any crease.
- Place both pieces of fabric right sides together.
- Using a 1/4" seam allowance, sew the two long sides together, creating a tube. Turn the tube right side out.
- Press so that you have and equal amount of Fabric A showing on each side of Fabric B (Figure 1).
- Fold the tube lengthwise with the front Fabric B facing out.Sew each short end with a 1/4" seam allowance (Figure 2).
- Press seams open.
- Turn seams inside to form the points; press (Figure 3).
- To hold down the two end pieces, there are several options. The easiest way is to add a button to each side of the runner at the center seam. Or topstitch along the open end of the points. Rick rack or a pretty ribbon can also be used. Add tassels to the pointed ends for extra flair.