Assistant Store Manager
An Assistant Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining Customer Service. He/she is responsible for the various tasks involved in the overall operation of a store including measuring business trends, maximizing sales/profitability by developing staff, controlling expenses, shortages, and all aspects of merchandising and inventory control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding Customer Service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge, and all other components of Customer Service
- Train, develop, and communicate with all staff, as well as assess performance on a regular basis
- Maintain all merchandising standards, display presentation, signing standards, and monitor inventory levels
- Sales floor management, which includes planning and assigning daily goals, tasks, and assignments, and assuring proper completion through follow-up. Also includes the execution of events.
- Maintain store operations such as maintenance, security, and mechanics to ensure the store is safe and presentable for customers and employees
- Open and closing store responsibilities on weekdays and weekends, which include but are not limited to morning staff meetings, making change, issuing gift certificates, floor management, closing reports, and proper handling of the money
- Coordinate moves within the store, as well as seasonal transitions
- Responsible for the overall functions of a specific department or departments, which includes managing stock levels, inventory levels, loss prevention, personnel management, merchandising, trends, models, and displays
- Maintain adherence to all Company policies and procedures
- Any other duties, as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- Ability to communicate with associates and guests
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store, including selling floor, stock area, and register area
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to move or transfer merchandise throughout the store, generally weighing 0-50 pounds
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates