Basic Bath Bombs
- 1/2 cup Citric Acid
- 1 cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Epsom Salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons almond, coconut, or olive oil
- Optional: food coloring, essential oils
- Small spray bottle filled with water
- Molds - silicone shape molds, bath bomb molds, or snap together plastic ornaments work well
- Dish towel
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix together the citric acid, baking soda, and Epsom salts. Whisking or sifting them can help get an even mix.
- Add any colors, scents, and your oil. Mix well. Note: mix quickly so it doesn't have a chance to fizz. If you get clumps, gently tap them between your hands to break apart.
- Use spray bottle to add a little water at a time to the mix. Your mix should just hold its shape when you squeeze it in your hand. BE CAREFUL - Adding too much will make the reaction start early!
- Pack the mixture tightly into your molds. To make a round ball, slightly overfill the two halves, then press together. Leave in mold for a few minutes, then gently tap to release.
- Let dry on a towel in a warm, dry place, out of direct sunlight for about a day. Enjoy within a few weeks. Tip: for gift giving, wrap round bombs individually in clear cello wrap and tie with a ribbon. Smaller bath bombs can be stacked and then wrapped the same way.