Be Thankful Wall Hanging
- Wooden leaf wall hanging
- Acrylic paint - 2 shades of orange
- Vinyl "Be Thankful" rub-on decal
- Glossy Mod Podge
- Paint brush
- Mini pinecone and berries
1. Paint the wooden leaf with the lighter shade of orange paint. Let dry.
2. Starting with a dry brush, apply just a bit of your darker orange paint to the brush and lightly dab the paint here and there on the leaf for added dimension.
3. Following package directions, apply vinyl phrase to the wooden leaf. (Tips for application: Peel the backing of the vinyl so that the phrase adheres to the top transfer sheet. Apply your phrase to the leaf and burnish with a popsicle stick or credit card. Rub firmly. Starting in one corner and working diagonally across, peel back the transfer sheet at a 45 degree angle. Note: If part of the vinyl has not adhered, lay it back down on the leaf and burnish a bit more.)
4. Paint a layer of Glossy Mod Podge over the surface to seal in the decal and to add some shine.
5. Tie a bow with raffia and glue to the top of the leaf. Glue on the mini pinecone and berries.