Canvas with Lights
- Stretched canvas, any size
- Acrylic paint
- Foam or bristle brush
- Vinyl phrase or image
- 20 ct. light strand
- Exacto knife
- Masking tape
- Push pin
1. Brush canvas with a basecoat of acrylic paint. Optional: You can use more than one color of paintif you would like a more colorful effect.
2. Let dry (must be completely dry for vinyl to stick to the surface).
3. Apply the vinyl to the dry surface of the canvas.
4. Select where you would like each light bulb to show on the frontand use the push pin to make a small hole to mark each spot (20 holes total).
5. Turn canvas over so that you’re working on theback of the canvas.
6. Using the Exacto knife, make a small hole in each spot that you marked.
7. Starting at one end, insert one light through each hole, so that only the light bulb shows on the front.
8. Tape here and there with masking tape to secure.
9. Leave the tail end of the cord dangling in a discreet place so that it can be plugged in easily.