DIY Marquee Lights Letter
- Paper maché letter
- X’acto knife
- Your choice: string globe lights or 20ct light set and box of mini iridescent ornaments
- Spray paint
- Hot glue
- E-6000 glue
1. Cut along the front side seam of your cardboard letter. Remove the front of letter.
2. Spray paint the entire letter.
3. Take off the glass casings from each of the globe lights. (Or lay out 20 mini ornament “globes”.)
4. Mark and lay them out where you’d like them placed on the front side of the letter.
5. Poke a hole which will allow you to push the bulbs right through into place.
6. Put the bulbs into the holes and twist back the lights into place from the back. If you are using the ornament “globes”, glue in the lights from the light strand first, then glue the “globes” over the top for a faux globe light look. A dab of E-6000 glue will help keep the glass casing secure.
7. You may hot glue to secure the back of each lights from the back to keep them secure in place.
8. Now your letter is ready to plug in and display!