As seen on KOMO 4 News with DIY Diva Malia Karlinsky! Watch her segments on KOMO on Mondays at 4:00pm.
DIY Watercolor Art
- "Just Add Watercolor" canvases by Cosmo Cricket
- Vinyl phrase rub-on decals
- Acrylic paint in Calypso Blue, Deep Midnight Blue and Indian Turquoise
- Paint brush
- Small dish or bowl
1. Pour a small amount of paint into a small bowl or dish and add water. Watering down the paint will give it a sheer watercolor feel.
2. Paint a few strokes across the surface of the canvas.
3. Remove any excess paint with a damp towel. Let dry.
4. Following package directions, adhere vinyl to canvas. (Tips for application: Peel the backing of the vinyl so that the decal adheres to the top transfer sheet. Apply your decal to the canvas and burnish with a popsicle stick or credit card. Rub firmly. Starting in one corner and working diagonally across, peel back the transfer sheet at a 45 degree angle. Note: If part of the vinyl has not adhered, lay it back down on the canvas and burnish a bit more.)