Doily Dream Catcher
- 4" crocheted doily
- 5" brass ring
- Crochet thread
- Size 6/0 seed beads
- White feathers
- Crewel needle (large hole needle)
- Optional: pieces of ribbon
- Thread needle with a long piece of the crochet thread.
- Tie the end of your thread onto the brass ring. This becomes your top. Center the doily inside of the brass ring with a point of the doily at the top.
- Thread the needle through the top of your doily where you tied the thread on. Wrap the thread around the ring 5 times (can be more if you want the brass to be covered more), then thread through the doily at the spot between the points, wrap 5 times again, and thread through the next point. Repeat until you've gone all the way around back to your starting point.
- Tie off leaving a long piece of thread for a hanger (or you can use a piece of ribbon).
- Select the feathers you want to hang from the dream catcher. You can have as many as you want, and mix in ribbon if desired.
- Cut however many pieces of thread you want hanging down, adding 4-5" to allow for knotting.
- Tie one end of one of the pieces of thread to the top of a feather. Slide beads on to slip over the end of the feather. Decide where you want the next bead or beads to go and make a double knot. Slide on the beads. Continue with all the threads that you want to hang off the dream catcher. You can put as many beads as you want, but allow 3-4" to tie it onto the ring.
- Layout your feather threads (and ribbons), decide where you want them to hang from your dream catcher and tie them on.
- Hang and enjoy!