Faux Metal Marquee Letter
- Marquee letter kit
- 1 pkg. Triveni Crafts 10mm adhesive enameled dots
- Americana Paints in colors Asphaltum, Raw Umber, Traditional Burnt Sienna, Zinc
- Foam Brush
- Stiff bristle brush
1. You create the aged metal look with layers of the different colors showing through each other. A dry brush works best.
2. You can also create texture by flicking paint with the bristle brush.
3. Put dots on the outside of the letter.
4. Roughly paint entire letter with the Asphaltum. Don’t coat it solidly - you can create the aged metal look with layers of the different colors showing through each other. A somewhat dry brush works best.
5. Brush on the Raw Umber with a dry brush &/or the stiff bristle brush along the edges.
6. Use the stiff bristle brush &the Burnt Sienna to create rust spots.
7. Stipple (bouncing the bristle brush up and down) & brush lightly with the Zinc.
8. Put in lights according to directions and add your batteries.