Frame Shop Custom Framing Designer
Assists frame shop customers; answers questions, designs framing using custom components, shows merchandise, and rings in sales on cash register. Prices merchandise, stocks shelves and helps with displaying merchandise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide customer service throughout the entire Frame Department.
- Assesses appropriate framing of artwork and makes presentation of framing options.
- Calculates component and product prices to determine customer framing retails.
- Writes order neatly and correctly so needed supplies can be ordered and project can be completed as requested.
- Answers customer’s questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise.
- Stocks shelves, counters or tables with merchandise.
- Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
- Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise.
- Obtains merchandise requested by customer or receives merchandise selected by customer.
- Rings purchases into cash register, accepts payment, and issues refunds and credits when appropriate.
- Wraps or bags merchandise for customers. Carries merchandise and framed artwork and loads into customer vehicles if needed.
- Cleans shelves, counters, or tables.
- Unpack merchandise and check accuracy of orders being received.
- Other duties as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); six months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to read and interpret tape measure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to climb a latter, use merchandising tools such as price gun, box opener, and assorted frame production equipment such as a large paper cutter, manual mat cutter/trimmer and wall-mounted glass and board trimmer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.