As seen on KOMO 4 News with DIY Diva Malia Karlinsky! Watch her segments on KOMO on Mondays at 4:00pm.
Hawks Dishtowel Apron
- Homespun dishtowel
- 3 yards of 1" grosgrain ribbon
- Seahawks fabric fat quarter for top and pocket.
- Optional: 1 yard rickrack
- Buttons embellishments
- Sewing Machine
1. Fold towel in half lengthwise to determine center.
2. Open towel, then fold top corners to the back side. The top of your apron should measure 9-1/2” and the angled sides should measure 13”. The space between the corners should measure about 1-1/2”. Press.
3. To make decorative top, cut a piece of fabric 4-1/2” x 16” (or width of towel top plus 1”). Fold over 1/2” top and bottom. Press. Stitch this unit to the top of your towel keeping your stitching line 1/8” away from the folded edge. Add rickrack if desired. Trim away excess fabric.
4. Measure 2” away from angled pressed edge and trim away the excess fabric using a pinking sheers. Fold under raw edges 1/4”.
5. Stitch 1-1/2” from pressed edge to form casing for ribbon. Refer to diagram. Thread ribbon through casings.
6. To make lower pocket, cut a piece of fabric 6-1/2” x 20-1/2” (or width of towel plus 1”). Fold long edges over 1/4” then again 1/4”. Press. Top stitch top edge. Add rickrack to top edge if desired.
7. Fold short edges and remaining long edges over 1/2”. Press. Stitch pocket unit to bottom of towel stitching 1/8” from folded edge. Divide into 3 equal sections and stitch to make pockets.