Home State Cork Board
- Cork board backed with foamcore
- Template of shape to cut
- Permanent marker
- Craft knife
- Self-healing mat (optional)
1. To create your template, either draw or print the image at the size you have chosen. Tip: If you choose to print your image and it is larger than standard printer paper, either have it printed at a print shop like Kinko’s, or print it tiled on your home computer and tape the pieces together.
2. Cut out the image with scissors and attach it to the cork board with pushpins.
3. Trace around the outside with a permanent marker. Try to make your line thick and even but you can always touch it up after you do your cutting.
4. Remove the template and cut around the outside of the drawn line, right at the edge. Ideally, you do not want to cut off much of your black line since that helps it stand out nicely against your wall. Usually you will need to go over a section of line a few times with your blade to cut through the thickness of cork board and foamcore. (Please don’t cut on a nice wood surface like your dining room table without a self-healing mat or other protective surface below.)