Performs custodial work on sales floor, offices, outside of store, and other building interiors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sweep, vacuum, mop, scrub, scrap and wax and polish floors using the appropriate machinery to ensure they are clean and presentable.
- Clean and disinfect bathrooms
- Empty all trash and recycling throughout the store
- Clean and dust counters and tables
- Clean windows
- Clean door jams, doors, and light switch covers as needed
- Change light bulbs throughout the store
- Other duties as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); six months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.