Light-Up Marquee Letters
- Paper Mache letter
- Exacto knife
- 50 count light strand
- Masking tape
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Carefully cut open the back side of the letter so that there is room to insert the light strand inside the letter. Save the piece you cut out, you will want to replace it at the end.
- Mark with a pen where you want each light to show on the front, and cut out a small hole at each spot with the exacto knife (approximately 2-3 inches apart).
- Paint the entire letter except for the back piece that you cut off. Let dry.
- Starting at one end of the letter, push each light bulb through a hole from the back of the letter. Tape down the cord every so often with masking tape.
- Work all the way to the other end of the letter, then tuck away any excess cord inside the letter. Leave the tail end of the cord dangling out in a discreet spot to be able to plug it in.
- Carefully replace the back of the letter and tape in place.
- Finish by painting the backside.