Micro Baker Pincushion
- Micro baker
- Fabric (enough for a 7” square)
- Small piece of thin cardboard or chipboard
- 1 small round magnet
- Craft glue
- Pillow stuffing
- Needle and thread
1. Cut out a 7” square of fabric.
2. Cut fabric into a circle.
3. Cut a circle out of the cardboard to fit inside the micro baker.
4. Take a handful of the stuffing and roll into a tight ball-about the size of a tennis ball.
5. Sew a running stitch around the edge of your fabric circle.
6. Pull on the thread to gather the fabric into a bag shape.
7. Stuff the ball of stuffing into the bag of fabric. Try out the ball of fabric in your micro baker. You want it to be a firm ball and to fill the baker. If is the desired size, tie off your thread.
8. Glue the circle of cardboard onto the bottom of your fabric ball.
9. Glue the cardboardinto the bottom of the baker.
10. Glue the magnet into the inside of the lid of your micro baker.
If you are giving this as a gift it’s nice to include some colorful straight pins.