Monogrammed Burlap Art
An easy, trendy way to decorate your wall, or to give as a handmade gift for your loved ones!
- 8”x 8” canvas
- Burlap piece, approximately 7”x 7”
- Upholstery tacks
- Mod Podge - matte finish
- Acrylic paint - black and accent color of your choice
- 1” brush
- Wide burlap ribbon - 12” length
- Staple gun
- 5” letter stencils
- Embellishments such as buttons or flowers
1. Brush Mod Podge on the back of the burlap square and center it on the front of the canvas.
2. Center your chosen monogram letter stencil on the burlap and stencil letter with black paint.
3. Paint around edges of the canvas with your accent color. Give it a distressed look by painting over the edges of the burlap as well.
4. Push an upholstery tack into each corner of the burlap, securing it to the stretcher bars of the canvas.
5. Staple gun ribbon to the back of the canvas as a hanger.
6. Glue any embellishments on with Mod Podge or craft glue.
7. Let dry. Enjoy and CRAFT ON!