What is Redmond “Rocks”?
We’re painting rocks to “hide” around Redmond to brighten peoples’ day! This is a community-building activity meant to inspire creativity in all ages, and motivate people to explore the beautiful area in which we live. The goal is to get lots of people across our community painting so that there are lots of rocks to find out there.
All you have to do is gather some rocks and painting supplies, then get creative! If you find a painted rock, you can either keep it or re-hide it for someone else to find. If you keep it, you’re encouraged to hide a new rock or two somewhere in its place (but that’s totally optional!).
How to Participate in Redmond “Rocks!”
1. Find the perfect rocks
2. Thoroughly wash & dry the rocks
3. Customize the rocks using spray paint, paint pens, or acrylic paints & paintbrushes - you can get as creative as you’d like, but please keep it family friendly, as this is an all-ages activity.
4. On the back of the rocks, be sure to write #RedmondRocks to encourage the finder to post a picture of it to Facebook with that hashtag.
5. Once your designs are completely dry, protect them by using a non-yellowing waterproof sealant.
6. After the sealant is dry, gather your rocks & head into Redmond to hide them - be sure to stick to public areas, though!
You can find everything you need right in our store, of course- look for this display:
Feel free to post a picture of your hidden rock on the Facebook Group with a little hint of its hiding spot, and the hashtag #RedmondRocks. Or share to Instagram with the #RedmondRocks hashtag! You’re encouraged to share any of the rocks you find on social media, too.