As seen on KOMO 4 News with DIY Diva Malia Karlinsky! Watch her segments on KOMO on Mondays at 4:00pm.
Pumpkin Tissue Pom
- Eight 20" x 30" inch sheets of orange tissue paper
- 1 brown chenille stem
- 1 green chenille stem
- Monofilament (fishing line) if you want to hang the pom pom from the ceiling
1. Stack eight 20" x 30" inch sheets of tissue.
2. Accordion pleat the length of the tissue paper, starting on one of the two short ends. One long end will be a folded edge and the other will be free. Make the pleats 1 1/2" inches wide.
3. Cinch the brown chenille stem around the middle of the stack of accordion pleated tissue paper and form a hanging loop out of the ends of the pipe cleaner.
4. Cut the ends into a rounded petal shape.
5. Fan out the accordion pleats and carefully separate each layer. Pull gently.
6. Fluff out all the layers into a nice rounded ball.
7. Twist the green chenille stem around the brown chenille stem to make “leaves.”