Ruffled Tea Towel
- 1 Homespun towel
- ⅛ yd. each of four fabrics
- 1 spool of ribbon -⅜"to ½" wide
- Along the length fold up to measure 3-3/4”, press. Then fold the other piece over 1/4”. This will conceal the raw edges. Repeat for all 3 pieces.
- Run a gather stitch along the top edge. Gather each strip.
- Pin first strip of gathered fabric to bottom of the tea towel and adjust the gathers to fit the towel. Stitch in place.
- Repeat with the other 3 fabric rows, placing each row 1½"above the previous row.
- Add ribbon to edge of top ruffle stitching close to the edges.