A Sales Associate is responsible for maintaining customer service by assisting customers, ordering merchandise, pricing and replenishing merchandise and keeping the sales floor clean and presentable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of customer service.
- Stock shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise.
- Set up advertising displays or arrange merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
- Stamp, mark, or tag price on merchandise.
- Keep the sales floor clean and orderly
- Maintain an awareness of all product knowledge information, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertisements.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Previous retail or customer service experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates and customers.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including sales floor, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to bend, stoop and reach in order to replenish shelves and gather product for customers.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 0-20 pounds.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.