A Sales Cashier is responsible for maintaining customer service as per company standard, cash register operations, housekeeping, and assisting with stocking and pricing when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of customer service.
- Monitor customer lines to ensure no customers are waiting and call for additional cashiers if needed.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash accountabilities at registers.
- Maintain an awareness of all product knowledge information, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertisements.
- Assist in pricing and replenishing merchandise.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); three months or more related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as receipts, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Ability to process information/merchandise through register system.
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including sales floor, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.