As seen on KOMO 4 News with DIY Diva Malia Karlinsky! Watch her segments on KOMO on Mondays at 4:00pm.
- Front: 1 fat quarter or 1/4 yd. fabric or enough to fussy cut around a motif.
- Back: 1 fat quarter or 1/4 yd. fabric
- Batting: Warm and Natural craft size
1. Cut four 5" squares out of the front and back fabrics and batting. For fabric with motif cut ½" larger.
2. Quilt the batting to the wrong side of the back fabric, if desired.
3. Sew back and front fabrics right sides together around the edges with a ¼" seam, leaving an opening for turning. If you didn't want to quilt the batting onto the back fabric then you will stitch the squares together with the batting on the outside of one of the fabric squares.
4. Turn, press and stitch opening together.
5. Top stitch around coaster.