Materials for small bead version:
- 5/8 yard waxed linen
- Size 6/0 seed beads
- 2 packages of 5mm jump rings
- Fold linen in half and thread through the button and pull the linen all the way through so you end up with equal length strands.
- Tie a knot on the underside of the button.
- On one strand string a single seed bead and thread it all the way up to the button.
- Now with both strands string a jump ring and push it all the way up to the seed bead
- On the strand that doesn’t have a seed bead, thread one on and slide it up to the jump ring.
- Next do the jump ring down both the strands.
- Continue this pattern of alternating seed beads and jump ring until it is the length you want.
- Finish with a seed bead and tie a double knot. Tie another knot about an inch down from the first one, creating a loop for the button to fit into.
- On each strand string three beads, tie a knot and trim off extra.
Materials for large bead version:
- 7/8 yard waxed linen
- Size 1/0 or 2/0 beads
- 3 pkgs. of 6mm jump rings
Note: When making the Large Bead Version put 2 jump rings on at a time.