String Art on Canvas
- Blank canvas
- Simple outline of your shape
- Paint brush
- Awl or kitchen skewer
- Thread or yarn
- Large hole needle (or plastic yarn needle for children)
- Paint your canvas. Let dry.
- Place your shape where you like it & trace around it with a pencil.
- Using the awl or skewer, punch holes evenly along the outline of your shape. If this is for a yarn needle, then you need to make them bigger.
- Using the needle and the holes that you have punched, pull your thread back and forth across your shape.
- Cut and knot the thread on the back.