Decorate for Valentine's Day with a tissue tassel garland!
- Various colors of tissue paper
- Glue gun
- Ribbon or string
1. First, fold one sheet of tissue paper in half width-wise, then fold it over twice length-wise. With your scissors, cut strips of fringe about 1/4″ widealong the unfolded short edge of your folded tissue, leaving about 2″ of uncut tissue at the folded end.
2. Unfold your two length-wise folds and cut the tissue in the center, creating two folded halves. Set one aside.
3. Open your remaining half and lay it out. You should have a sheet of tissue with fringe on either side and a solid section down the center. Using the solid center section, begin to roll the tissue paper up, being careful to keep the fringe untangled.
4. After the entire section is rolled, twist the center tightly. Then curl it in on itself to create a loop, and secure with a small dot of hot glue if needed.
5. Trim your ends if desired, and string your tassel onto your cord. Repeat the process until you have as many tassels as you like!