Team Spirit Pillow Case
- 1 1/4 yard cotton Cougar or Husky print fabric
- 1/4 yard cotton fabric for cuff
- 1/8 yard cotton fabric for trim
- 1 spool coordinating all-purpose sewing thread
- Fold trim and cuff fabric in half lengthwise, wrong sides together. Press.
- Lay out the main fabric with right side up. Matching raw edges, lay the folded trim fabric along the 45" edge. Lay the cuff fabric on top of that. Pin through all thicknesses. Note: the trim is hidden underneath the cuff fabric at this point.
- Stitch all layers together with a 1/4" seam allowance. Press cuff out with seams toward the cuff. Topstitch 1/8" from the cuff edge toward the trim, stitching through all layers. This will leave a clean, finished edging instead of an enclosed seam.
- Fold pillow case with wrong sides together, matching the long and short raw edges. Using a 1/4" seam allowance, stitch down the long and short raw edges. Turn pillow case wrong side out and stitch again using a 3/8" seam allowance. This will give you a closed seam with no raw edges. Turn right side out, and press.