Terry Cuddle Hooded Towel
- 1 yard Cuddle Minkee
- 1 yard Terry Cloth
- 1 Minkee Roll - cut into 16" square
- Coordinating all-purpose sewing thread
- Size 14 sewing machine needle
A 1/4" seam allowance is used throughout unless otherwise noted. Finished size is approximately 34" x 59".
- Lay 1 yard of Minkee fabric wrong side up, then lay terry cloth fabric on top of it right side up.
- Trim the terry cloth 1" from the edges on all four sides. The Minkee is going to fold up onto the top of the terry cloth like an edging.
- Fold the 16" square of Minkee in a triangle shape, wrong sides together, and place the triangle on top of the terry cloth in one of the corners.
- Starting at the corners, bring in each corner of the Minkee to meet the point of the terry cloth. Fold the sides down, overlapping the terry cloth about 1/2 or so (this will give the corners a mitered look). See figures below.
- Pin about every 3" or so, then sew down with a zig zag stitch. Make sure the edges of the triangle hood is cut in the stitching.
- You may also zig zag the mitered corners to secure them.